1. Do choose a company that is established and belongs to IWFA (International Window Film Association) as well as BBB.
2. Do ask for some of the company's references. Another good idea is to visit the company's retail location and make sure the company is in good standing; this normally shows a sign of establishment and longevity.
3. Do ask to see a certificate of insurance and workers compensation insurance.
4. Do choose a company in which the installers are employees and not "independent contractors". It is important to install what you sell so that the installer is familiar with the product and will be held accountable as representatives of the company.
5. Do make sure the company offers a large selection of films to meet your specific needs, not just one manufacturer. This shows a sign of long standing relationships with all the different film manufacturers, as well as a sign that the company has researched the many available updated options.
6. Do not give a deposit. Established companies stay busy and are able to handle the work load. This means they should have plenty of film inventory. However, special orders sometimes require deposits such as shades, blinds, or decorative films.
7. Do have the company's sales representative ask you questions and recommend product options that will meet your needs such as light transmission, reflective or non-reflective, heat reduction, and protection from fading due to UV rays.
8. Do check before the installation that the product you ordered is the product that is going to be installed . Ask to see the box; all film manufacturers label their boxes with film type and product numbers.
9. Do make sure you recieve a documented film manufacturer's warranty and/ or dual pane glass warranty upon completion.
10. Do look at the job carefully after completion. If it looks good right away, then when the drying process is complete the film should look good for years to come.
11. Do not shop strictly on price alone. Consider the company, the product, installation procedures, references, manufacturer's warranties, and of course a price that is compliant with these specifications.
12. Do remember that at Alantic Shoreline we stake our reputation on our products, our prices, and our quality of work. We have made it a habit to ensure our customers that we stand by all that we do. Most of all, be aware that all window films, products, and companies are not created equal.
225 First Colonial Rd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23454